We have Dr. Buttar from Advanced Care Dental one of the top dentists in the area here with his wonderful team member. He provides almost all dental procedures including Dental Implants, Orthodontics, Root Canals, Simple and Wisdom teeth extractions, Crowns, Veneers, Bridges, Gum treatment, Teeth whitening and much more. He treats children as well as adults and senior citizens.
His office is located on West Valley Hwy in Tukwila by South Center Mall. His office phone# is 425 251-6044 and website is www.advancedcaredental.com. It can be viewed in Spanish as well as in English.
Dr. Buttar is Graduate of New Your University, one of the prestigious university. He is a member of American Academy of Implant Dentistry, American Dental Association, Washington State Dental Association, and King County Dental Association. He has been placing Dental Implants for last ten years. He has great success in implant treatment.
What are benefits of getting ortho treatment?
Straightened teeth lead to healthy gums prevention of periodontal disease, beautiful smile and self-imaging (children get teased in school who have bad teeth), prevention of cavities or decay, prevention of injury (protruded teeth breakage), TMJ pain correction, prevention of bone destruction, increasing chewing ability, increasing speech, prevention of early tooth loss.
- A beautiful smile improves appearance and promotes dental health
- A good smile leads to greater self-esteem
- Correctly positioned and shaped teeth can make us look younger and accents our best facial features
- Straight teeth are easier to clean
- Teeth that fit together correctly last a lifetime
- Chewing forces are evenly distributed with straight teeth, promoting the longevity of your smile
- The TMJ, or jaw joints, function as intended, without pain
- Teeth are placed in harmony and balance with the face
- Properly fitting teeth put less stress on the tooth-supporting structures where gum disease starts
- Straight teeth and a proper bite reduce bruxism (night time tooth grinding), and in some cases reduce snoring
What are some common reasons for ortho treatment?
Some of the most common reasons for ortho treatment are,
- Crowding or Crooked teeth: When there is not enough space for teeth
- Spacing: Teeth are not contacting adjacent teeth or teeth are missing
- Deep bite or Overbite: When lower front teeth are biting into an upper soft tissue or upper front teeth cover too much of lower teeth. Generally it should be 2-3mm
- Open bite: When front teeth are not meeting at all.
- Reverse bite or Cross bite: When lower teeth are outside of upper teeth.
- Protruded upper teeth: Upper front teeth are too far forward.
- Under bite: Lower jaw is in a forward position.
- Jaw or TMJ pain
- Cosmetic (Self Image): To increasing self-esteem especially kids with bad teeth get teased by other kids at school
- Missing or Extra teeth
- Impacted teeth
- Widening of narrow jaw
- Speech problem
Is there any age limit for getting ortho treatment?
There is no age limit for getting ortho treatment. However, ortho treatment cannot be done on baby teeth. There are times when we need to expand upper jaw. That can be done only up to certain age.
Can an adult person have ortho treatment?
Yes, as I said there is no age limit, adult teeth move slowly. Therefore it takes longer to move teeth in correct position.
What is the optimal age of a child that should be evaluated for ortho treatment?
According to American Association of Orthodontists, a child to should be evaluated at age seven.
What are early warning signs of needing ortho treatment?
- Early or late loss of individual baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing or biting Into food
- Crowded, poorly positioned or blocked out teeth
- Frequently biting the cheeks, lips or the roof of the mouth
- Teeth that do not meet at all
- Finger-sucking or thumb-sucking habits
- Jaws and teeth that are out of proportion to the face
- Teeth erupting out of position
Can orthodontic correction occur while a child still has some baby teeth?
Yes. Some orthodontic problems are significant enough to require early intervention. However, if a patient is not yet ready for treatment, we will follow that patient’s growth and development until the time is right for treatment to begin.
Why ortho is important in implant treatment?
When someone is missing teeth, adjacent teeth tilt and get angulated. When we place implant those teeth need to be straightened before placing the implant.
Why ortho treatment is important in cosmetic?
Many times beautiful smile is not achieved without ortho because upper front teeth are biting into lower front teeth and they are meeting edge to edge. So first thing to do is to move upper teeth forward then do veneers, Other time, teeth are crooked or miss aligned. We have to align teeth with proper arch form and then place veneers.